Welcome: TYDTWD 2017
Tell your friends!
WORK IN PROGRESS!
Pardon our dust while we prepare the website for the 2017 TYDTWD!
WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY DOGS
Welcome to the official website of the 2017 Village Green – WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY DOGS – TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY, a Pet Sitters International's event.
ABOUT TYDTWDAYTake Your Dog To Work Day Quick Facts:
- Pet Sitters International (PSI) created Take Your Dog To Work Day (TYDTWDay) in 1999.
- PSI created the day to celebrate the great companions dogs make and encourage their adoptions from local shelters, rescue groups and humane societies.
- TYDTWDay encourages employers to experience the joy of pets in the workplace on this special day and support their local pet community.
- It is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father's Day.
- For cat lovers and others who cannot participate on TYDTWDay, the entire week leading up to the day is Take Your Pet To Work Week.
TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY CELEBRATES DOGS AND PROMOTES THEIR ADOPTION
Take Your Dog To Work Day is Friday, June 23, 2017
"The 2017 event will take place on Friday, June 23rd. On this day, thousands of pet owners will work with their dogs to celebrate the 19th annual TYDTWDay. Businesses, animal shelters and pet-care professionals from around the world will work together to better the lives of shelter dogs everywhere. Thousands of businesses will open their doors to employees’ furry, four-legged friends on this day in celebration of the great companions dogs make and to promote pet adoption."
This annual event, now in its 19th year, brings people and pets together in a special way on a special day. Dogs go to work. Hearts are touched. And as a result, homeless dogs will be adopted. "PSI's Take Your Dog To Work Day is the day for dogs."(www.takeyourdog.com)
Village Green has participated in this dog-gone fun event for the past 17 years. In 2015, Village Green employee’s and other auction participants raised over $11,660 and in 2016, we raised over $12,300. This year we plan to exceed that amount with your help and our personal goal is to raise over $12,500. A minimum donation of $30 is required from Village Green employees, at our Corporate Office, Regional Offices and Property level if they wish to bring their Best Friend with them to work on that day. Items donated by our various sponsors will be used in a raffle or the Online APB Auction (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC). Employees at the Corporate Office are invited to enjoy a delicious lunch provided by The Outback Steakhouse (West Bloomfield location, www.outback.com), for a small donation. All of the proceeds raised from all of our regions - Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, East Coast, Minnesota and St. Louis - will benefit their local animal organizations or shelters giving back to the community.
- Check out our Dog Day Agenda so you will know when to watch the webcam for our Disney Dogs as they dance around the office in their favorite Disney character costume for our annual parade.
- Check out the items in the APB Online Auction ~ YOU can bid on any of these items as the auction is open to the public.
- Favorite Disney Character Costume Contest
- Disney Dog Pictures
Village Green Community on-site Employees can participate and bring their dogs to work with them and join in on the fun by showing off their favorite Disney Dog.
This event is made possible by the many generous donations from local businesses and others. Please take some time to review our list of sponsors and consider them in the future.
Your Take Your Dog To Work Day Coordinators,
- Christine Eluskie (TYDTWDAY Coordinator)
- Chloe (2005 & 2012 TYDTWDay Poster Dog)
- Patti Flickinger (TYDTWDAY Food Coordinator)
- Christian Flickinger (VG TYDTWDAY Website)